[SOGo] SOGo extensions for Thunderbird 10!
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-07 21:51:39 UTC
Hello everybody,

We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to
Thunderbird 10 ESR.

You can get the first pre-release of the extensions from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/

Note that you need to use Thunderbird 10 ESR. You also need to install
Lightning v1.2.1 from the official channels.

Please report any issues you have.

Thanks!
--
Ludovic Marcotte
lmarcotte-tiT8nZ+Z9Bqw5LPnMra/***@public.gmane.org :: +1.514.755.3630 :: www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence (www.packetfence.org)
Christoph Evers
2012-02-07 22:09:09 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to
Thunderbird 10 ESR.
Thanks a lot!

I just tried to connect to my CardDAV addressbook on my DAViCal Server.
It did not import anything instead I get the following error on the
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
undefined
chrome://sogo-connector/content/addressbook/addressbook.groupdav.overlay.js
Line: 818
Seems to be a similiar error when using (forcing) the old connector with
newer TB version.

Best regards,
Christoph
André Schild
2012-02-07 22:29:08 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hello everybody,
We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to
Thunderbird 10 ESR.
You can get the first pre-release of the extensions from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Note that you need to use Thunderbird 10 ESR. You also need to install
Lightning v1.2.1 from the official channels.
Two small questions:

- Does (should) it also work with Thunderbird 10 NOT-ESR ?
- Does it require some specia Sogo server version ?

André
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 00:51:37 UTC
Post by André Schild
- Does (should) it also work with Thunderbird 10 NOT-ESR ?
Most likely.
Post by André Schild
- Does it require some specia Sogo server version ?
No.
--
Ludovic Marcotte
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi
2012-02-08 10:40:05 UTC
Post by André Schild
- Does it require some specia Sogo server version ?
No.
Is SOGo 1.3.8 ok? Do I need 1.3.11?
--
Cristian Mammoli
APRA SISTEMI srl

Web www.apra.it
e-mail c.mammoli-***@public.gmane.org
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 10:51:58 UTC
Post by Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi
Post by André Schild
- Does it require some specia Sogo server version ?
No.
Is SOGo 1.3.8 ok? Do I need 1.3.11?
I'm currently testing with 1.3.8b and it seems to work.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es
Tel. +34 935883004 (Ext.133) Fax +34 935883007
Georg Bretschneider
2012-02-07 23:05:44 UTC
Since I (and probably others) can't find the ESR version easily with the
website, here is a link:
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/10.0esr/
Thanks!
Stephen Ingram
2012-02-08 01:35:32 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hello everybody,
We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to Thunderbird 10
ESR.
You can get the first pre-release of the extensions from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Note that you need to use Thunderbird 10 ESR. You also need to install
Lightning v1.2.1 from the official channels.
Please report any issues you have.
I received quite a few errors by just upgrading to TB 10, Lightning
1.2.1 and the extensions. I then downloaded TB 10ESR and started with
a fresh profile to see if that was causing my problems. In both cases,
the TB error console yields:

Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/interfaces.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/CardDAVDirectoryFactory.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/CardDAVDirectory.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/ContextManager.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/NotificationManager.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/SyncProgressManager.manifest'.
Could not find jar manifest entry 'components/CalDAVACLManager.manifest'.

And, later I see:

Warning: reference to undefined property
Components.classes['@inverse.ca/notification-manager;1']
Source File: chrome://sogo-connector/content/addressbook/messenger.groupdav.overlay.js
Line: 78
Error: Components.classes['@inverse.ca/notification-manager;1'] is undefined
Source File: chrome://sogo-connector/content/addressbook/messenger.groupdav.overlay.js
Line: 78

Warning: reference to undefined property
Components.classes['@inverse.ca/context-manager;1']
Source File: chrome://sogo-integrator/content/messenger/folders-update.js
Line: 51
Error: Components.classes['@inverse.ca/context-manager;1'] is undefined
Source File: chrome://sogo-integrator/content/messenger/folders-update.js
Line: 51

So I go into the extensions folder in the profile and instead of
finding two folders with all of the files in them, I just see two xpi
files. For some reason the extensions are not installing properly. Is
there some trick to getting these to load properly? I'm not sure if I
can just manually create those folders and manually unzip the xpi
files to the folders or not, but I did and it still doesn't work.

Steve
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 01:56:03 UTC
Post by Stephen Ingram
So I go into the extensions folder in the profile and instead of
finding two folders with all of the files in them, I just see two xpi
files. For some reason the extensions are not installing properly. Is
there some trick to getting these to load properly? I'm not sure if I
can just manually create those folders and manually unzip the xpi
files to the folders or not, but I did and it still doesn't work.
Sorry, we fixed those bugs before the email was sent but forgot to
regenerate the extensions available from:

http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/

Try with the 10.0pre1 versions of SOGo Connector and Integrator.
Stephen Ingram
2012-02-08 02:30:54 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Try with the 10.0pre1 versions of SOGo Connector and Integrator.
Much better. Works great with ESR and fresh profile. I haven't had a
chance to poke around everywhere, but it already feels much tighter
than the older 3.1.x versions.
Christoph Evers
2012-02-08 06:37:37 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Stephen Ingram
So I go into the extensions folder in the profile and instead of
finding two folders with all of the files in them, I just see two xpi
files. For some reason the extensions are not installing properly. Is
there some trick to getting these to load properly? I'm not sure if I
can just manually create those folders and manually unzip the xpi
files to the folders or not, but I did and it still doesn't work.
Sorry, we fixed those bugs before the email was sent but forgot to
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Try with the 10.0pre1 versions of SOGo Connector and Integrator.
Thanks. The error message I reported before is gone now, but still
nothing happens when I connect to my DAViCal server. Is there a way to
debug this?
Advrk Aplmrkt
2012-02-08 07:28:41 UTC
Hello,

I managed to install the SOGo connector in Thunderbird 10, but when I
add a remote address book and specified the CardDAV address of my
ownCloud CardDAV server, nothing happens when I click synchronise.

How can I help troubleshoot this?

Thanks.
Christoph Evers
2012-02-08 22:24:20 UTC
Post by Christoph Evers
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Stephen Ingram
So I go into the extensions folder in the profile and instead of
finding two folders with all of the files in them, I just see two xpi
files. For some reason the extensions are not installing properly. Is
there some trick to getting these to load properly? I'm not sure if I
can just manually create those folders and manually unzip the xpi
files to the folders or not, but I did and it still doesn't work.
Sorry, we fixed those bugs before the email was sent but forgot to
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Try with the 10.0pre1 versions of SOGo Connector and Integrator.
Thanks. The error message I reported before is gone now, but still
nothing happens when I connect to my DAViCal server. Is there a way to
debug this?
Does CardDAV work with DAViCal and latest pre2 version of the connector?
For me it does not, but some guys at thunderbird bugzilla claim that.
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 22:31:05 UTC
Post by Christoph Evers
Does CardDAV work with DAViCal and latest pre2 version of the
connector? For me it does not, but some guys at thunderbird bugzilla
claim that.
Normally it should because we tested with our local DAViCal installation.

Which version are you using? Could you provide us a test account on your
installation?
2012-02-08 10:55:23 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Stephen Ingram
So I go into the extensions folder in the profile and instead of
finding two folders with all of the files in them, I just see two xpi
files. For some reason the extensions are not installing properly. Is
there some trick to getting these to load properly? I'm not sure if I
can just manually create those folders and manually unzip the xpi
files to the folders or not, but I did and it still doesn't work.
Sorry, we fixed those bugs before the email was sent but forgot to
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Try with the 10.0pre1 versions of SOGo Connector and Integrator.
This still happens to me, maybe I am doing something wrong:
I tried with

http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/sogo-connector-10.0pre1.xpi

and

http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/sogo-integrator-10.0pre1.xpi

Both with Linux and Windows, clean profile.

I have:

Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\Cristian\Application
Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\b8hagyio.pippo\extensions

08/02/2012 11.53 <DIR> .
08/02/2012 11.53 <DIR> ..
08/02/2012 11.53 222.348 sogo-connector-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org
08/02/2012 11.46 146.597 sogo-integrator-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org
08/02/2012 11.44 <DIR> {e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}

Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-08 14:12:43 UTC
Post by Cristian Mammoli - Apra Sistemi
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/sogo-connector-10.0pre1.xpi
and
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/sogo-integrator-10.0pre1.xpi
Both with Linux and Windows, clean profile.
Hi Crstian,
you should customize your sogo-integrator following the documentation.
--
Alessio Fattorini (alessio.fattorini-***@public.gmane.org)

nethesis srl - Via degli Olmi 16/4 - 61100 Pesaro (PU)
tel. +39 0721 405516 - fax +39 0721 268147
www.nethesis.it - info-***@public.gmane.org
cmammoli
2012-02-08 15:05:02 UTC
Post by Alessio Fattorini
Hi Crstian,
you should customize your sogo-integrator following the documentation.
Hi Alessio :)

I did the customization as explained in the docs and now everything
works but I still have 2 xpi files in the extensions directory:

***@nb-mammoli:~$ ls -1 .thunderbird/01tdga44.tb10/extensions/
{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}
sogo-connector-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org
sogo-integrator-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org

The first is lightning 1.2.1, the others are 2 "unexploded" XPI files:

***@nb-mammoli:~/.thunderbird/01tdga44.tb10/extensions$ file *
{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}: directory
sogo-connector-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org: Zip archive data, at least v2.0
to extract
sogo-integrator-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org: Zip archive data, at least v2.0
to extract
***@nb-mammoli:~/.thunderbird/01tdga44.tb10/extensions$

Is this normal?
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-08 15:14:31 UTC
Nella citazione in data mer 08 feb 2012 16:05:02 CET, cmammoli ha
Post by cmammoli
Is this normal?
yes, I think

André Schild
2012-02-08 07:29:18 UTC
Hello Ludovic,

one problem so far:

Currently I have two sogo servers,
one for company stuff and another one for my familiy stuff.

Adding connector and integrator works fine,
also working on the main sogo server is ok.

When I however try to add a sogo calendar from the secondary
sogo server, (Via "New calendar->Caldav ...)
I receive this error message:

Warnung: reference to undefined property
Components.interfaces.calICalDAVACLManager
Quelldatei: chrome://sogo-connector/content/calendar/creation-overlay.js
Zeile: 32

André
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 20:22:29 UTC
Post by André Schild
Just to bump this one, so it does not get overlooked in the flood of
TB10 messages :)
Already fixed. Relax, have a couple of sips of your favorite drink and
wait for the upcoming pre1 version of the extensions.
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 20:55:19 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by André Schild
Just to bump this one, so it does not get overlooked in the flood of
TB10 messages :)
Already fixed. Relax, have a couple of sips of your favorite drink and
wait for the upcoming pre1 version of the extensions.
There you go:

http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/

pre2 versions for Thunderbird 10 are now available. Tons of small fixes
there and there.

Please update and report your issues.
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 21:15:15 UTC
easily update the connector and customized integrator over the old ones?
or do we need to deinstall the old ones
and/or delete old cache?
Stephen Ingram
2012-02-08 21:18:33 UTC
easily update the connector and customized integrator over the old ones? or
do we need to deinstall the old ones
and/or delete old cache?
I just deleted the old ones and applied the connector in the first
restart and the integrator in the second restart. Every problem I
reported on earlier has gone away. And, this is with an old profile
that's really messy! Still multiple login windows on startup. Not sure
what is causing that, but I'll try with a fresh profile.

Steve
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 21:20:55 UTC
sounds very promising, will try that later too :) hopefully when its
stable enough (or even pre3) ill
distribute it to our company :)
Steve
Ryan Evans
2012-02-08 22:09:37 UTC
When I am trying to add a user to my address book via the "star" by
their name/e-mail I get this in the error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAbDirectory.addCard]" nsresult:
"0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
chrome://messenger/content/msgHdrViewOverlay.js :: AddContact :: line
1458" data: no]

Anyone else see this?

Cheers,

Ryan
Post by Stephen Ingram
easily update the connector and customized integrator over the old ones? or
do we need to deinstall the old ones
and/or delete old cache?
I just deleted the old ones and applied the connector in the first
restart and the integrator in the second restart. Every problem I
reported on earlier has gone away. And, this is with an old profile
that's really messy! Still multiple login windows on startup. Not sure
what is causing that, but I'll try with a fresh profile.
Steve
--
Ryan Evans
Business Development Account Manager
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company
16010 Barkers Point Lane, Suite 600
Houston, Texas 77079-9000 USA
Office: 713-850-3604
Cell: 281-413-2900

Privileged, Proprietary and/or Confidential Information may be contained in
this electronic message. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should
kindly return to the sender immediately and delete your copy from your system.
Gulf Interstate Engineering Company does not accept responsibility for
changes made to this electronic message or its attachments.
André Schild

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Stephen Ingram
2012-02-08 22:44:21 UTC
Post by André Schild
Tested with the brand new pre2 releases ?
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Yes.
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Ryan Evans

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild
2012-02-09 13:57:13 UTC
How did you specify that it does to a given address book
when you press the "star" ?

For me it always goes to the personal address book which I can't delete...?

André
Post by Ryan Evans
When I am trying to add a user to my address book via the "star" by
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIAbDirectory.addCard]"
line 1458" data: no]
Anyone else see this?
Cheers,
Ryan
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Ryan Evans
2012-02-09 14:04:37 UTC
Not sure where to specify this? Usually it gets added to the same
address book you have "Automatically add outgoing e-mail address's to my
(address book)"

but everytime i hit the start I get that error in the console.

Ryan

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-09 14:29:52 UTC
Post by Ryan Evans
Not sure where to specify this? Usually it gets added to the same
address book you have "Automatically add outgoing e-mail address's to my
(address book)"
Same problem here.

Luca Olivetti
2012-02-09 08:07:43 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
pre2 versions for Thunderbird 10 are now available. Tons of small fixes
there and there.
Please update and report your issues.
It still asks for the password for each element it tries to open with
signon.remeberSignons=false (integrator for thunderbird 3 cached the
password) and the integrator still doesn't work with some proxy
settings: it seems that the only proxy options that work are "No proxy",
"System settings for the proxy"[*] and "Manual proxy selection" (as long
it's not a socks proxy, in which case it doesn't work).

[*]I'm not sure that works because windows didn't detect the settings
and it's using a fixed proxy or because it actually works.

Bye
Tel. +34 935883004 Fax +34 935883007
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-10 07:59:55 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
pre2 versions for Thunderbird 10 are now available. Tons of small fixes
there and there.
Please update and report your issues.
It still asks for the password for each element it tries to open with
signon.remeberSignons=false (integrator for thunderbird 3 cached the
password) and the integrator still doesn't work with some proxy
settings: it seems that the only proxy options that work are "No proxy",
"System settings for the proxy"[*] and "Manual proxy selection" (as long
it's not a socks proxy, in which case it doesn't work).
[*]I'm not sure that works because windows didn't detect the settings
and it's using a fixed proxy or because it actually works.
I tried the pre3 I found on the nightly directory (wolfomachine.local?)
with the same result.

Bye
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-10 11:55:53 UTC

New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/

The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization issue
in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned. I'm not
sure we'll have the time to look at the proxy issue for the first final
version of those extensions.

Report anything you see.

Thanks,
Christoph Evers
2012-02-10 12:20:43 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hi,
New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization
issue in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned.
I'm not sure we'll have the time to look at the proxy issue for the
first final version of those extensions.
Report anything you see.
Thanks,
Thanks a lot for the release. DAViCal now finally works for me. There
were two issues

1) I had to clean up the TB password store
2) I had a double slash "//" in of my URLs...the sogo connector doesn't
like that

cheers,
Christoph
CF
2012-02-10 12:55:08 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hi,
New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization
issue in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned.
I'm not sure we'll have the time to look at the proxy issue for the
first final version of those extensions.
Report anything you see.
Thanks,
Hi Ludovic,

I'm unable to see the SOGo icons (above the calendars) in Thunderbird.
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

I tryed with a blank ESR Thunderbird 10.0, pushing only lightning 1.2.1
+ sogo-connector and sogo-integrator. I updated the extensions.rdf with
my SOGo server adress - seems ok.

Basically on 3.1, i used identical things, and had no issues. I
correctly see the SOGo tab in Options, allowing me to customize categories.

Extensions i have, Thunderbrd 10.0 ESR French:
*Lightning 1.2.1
*Google Agenda Provider 0.9
*Sogo integrator pre3
*Sogo connector pre3

what i tried:
* on XP, on Windows 7 x64
* with Thunderbird 10.0 ESR / regulat
* first installing Connector, then Integrator, and vice-versa

Can you help me to troubleshoot this issue ? Can i give you relevant
traces to help you ?

Thank you !
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Milos Wimmer
2012-02-10 13:08:56 UTC

I found a little issue.
- I have no TB profile
- TB 10 starts, I create new e-mail account, I install Lightning+connector+integrator
- restart of TB
- I see all my calendars and events, but when I try to open event, no
window is open (nothing happens). By every opening of event I see
new following warning in the Error console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "'[JavaScript Error:
"calEntry.aclManager is undefined" {file:
"jar:file:///home/wimmer/.thunderbird/p4lfr6ld.default/extensions/sogo-connector-tiT8nZ+***@public.gmane.org!/components/CalDAVACLManager.js"
line: 602}]' when calling method: [calICalendarACLManager::getItemEntry]"
nsresult: "0x80570021 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JAVASCRIPT_ERROR_WITH_DETAILS)"
location: "JS frame :: resource://calendar/modules/calUtils.jsm ->
file:///home/wimmer/.thunderbird/p4lfr6ld.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/calendar-js/calItemBase.js
:: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 107" data: yes]

- after restart of TB is this problem away, I can open end edit events
without problem.
- So I see this problem by first start of TB after installation of
Lightning+connector+integrator into fresh profile only.
It is the same on linux_amd64 and windows7.

Thanks,
Milos
Ryan Evans

Luca Olivetti
2012-02-10 16:14:59 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hi,
New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization issue
in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned.
Unless you pushed a different pre3, it also asks for the password many
times (once for each element it tries to access: mail, calendar,
addressbook).

Bye
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-10 16:20:56 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hi,
New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization issue
in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned.
Unless you pushed a different pre3, it also asks for the password many
times (once for each element it tries to access: mail, calendar,
addressbook).
It *is* a different pre3, however it still does the same.

Bye
Stephen Ingram
2012-02-10 17:14:16 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hi,
New versions are again (10.0pre3) available from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
The "only" remaining issues are the photo/picture synchronization issue
in the address book module and the proxy issue Luca mentioned.
Unless you pushed a different pre3, it also asks for the password many times
(once for each element it tries to access: mail, calendar, addressbook).
This is the only issue I'm seeing with the new pre3 extensions as
well. Lots of login windows. How was solved previously so that you had
one nice login window?

Steve

Advrk Aplmkt

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Fabian Rodriguez
2012-02-08 20:59:46 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by André Schild
Just to bump this one, so it does not get overlooked in the flood of
TB10 messages :)
Already fixed. Relax, have a couple of sips of your favorite drink and
wait for the upcoming pre1 version of the extensions.
I am running out of milk & cookies here. :)

Thanks to everyone for sharing their testing results and to Inverse for
the quick+hard work.

Cheers,

F.
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 08:42:54 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Please report any issues you have.
Issues I've seen so far:

-It asks for my password three times

-The first time I started it wouldn't open calendar entries (sorry, I
deleted the console messages so I don't remember the error message). I
removed and reinstalled the extensions then it opened them no problem
(note that I put the extensions alongside thunderbird, not in the users'
profiles, so "install" means copy the uncompressed xpi under
"extensions" in the directory where I installed thunderbird and "remove"
means simply to delete the folder.

-I had to comment out the body of the function "checkExtensionsUpdate"
(in
sogo-integrator-tiT8nZ+Z9Bqw5LPnMra/***@public.gmane.org/chrome/content/messanger/startup-overlay.js)
otherwise the mail pane would become unresponsive. Note that this is not
new, I had to do it since June 2010, see
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.groupware.sogo.user/147

Bye
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 09:03:00 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Please report any issues you have.
-It asks for my password three times
And it asked for it again when I sent this message (I have authenticated
smtp and that's normal, however with thunderbird 3 one of the sogo
extensions would cache the password).

Bye
Thomas Kregelin
2012-02-08 09:40:01 UTC
Thanks big time for the new version!

However, it does not work for me with my davical Server.

Thunderbird 10 (not ESR)
davicalserver 1.02

Could this be still a problem: http://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=1098 ?

Has anyone gotten it to work with davical?
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 10:17:10 UTC
Serious Bug with fresh TB10 ESR Profile + pre1 SOGo Extensions (both) +
Lightning 1.2.1 (latest stable)
on Mac OSX 10.7.3

When adding a CalDAV Calendar from SOGo using copy&paste method from
CalDAV URL in the SOGo Backend
i cannot add the Calendar - after choosing name and color and correct
mailaddress and clicking Continue, i can click it 1000x and nothing
happens but this error in the log (just after first click)

Warnung: reference to undefined property
Components.interfaces.calICalDAVACLManager
Quelldatei: chrome://sogo-connector/content/calendar/creation-overlay.js
Zeile: 32

Can anyone help me why i cannot add a sogo calendar!?

Regards, Martin
André Schild
2012-02-08 10:37:26 UTC
Same problem as I did see a few mails ago.

Adding them via the + icon of sogo works,
but not when adding them via the default "Add CalDAV calendar" way.

André
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 11:24:51 UTC
@André

iam sorry but where can i find that + icon in TB?
the calendars are already added in sogo (they run before in TB3)
but i cannot add them using right-click in lightning and select "New
Calendar" adding them like before, with CalDAV, the copied URL from sogo
and the Cache...
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild
2012-02-08 11:33:03 UTC
Post by Martin Seener
@André
iam sorry but where can i find that + icon in TB?
They should show up here:

If you don't have them there, then the sogo addons are not "active", for
whatever reason
Post by Martin Seener
the calendars are already added in sogo (they run before in TB3)
but i cannot add them using right-click in lightning and select "New
Calendar" adding them like before, with CalDAV, the copied URL from
sogo and the Cache...
Looks like there is a problem in the code
chrome://sogo-connector/content/calendar/creation-overlay.js at line 32.

I'm sure once canada wakes up :) Ludovic will have a look at it.

André
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 11:39:20 UTC
okay,

i dont have and never had those buttons in my TB (3 and 10 not!)
why are they not there. i installed TB10 ESR (german, Mac 10.7.3)

ill try to install them differently and with a restart after every install
but Addressbook works and i have the "User Rights" thing greyed out
so one of the plugins seems to "work"...
maybe i need to reinstall the integrator?!

what was your path of installing/upgrading the plugins?

screenshot attached ->
André
Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 11:48:25 UTC
Post by Martin Seener
i dont have and never had those buttons in my TB (3 and 10 not!)
why are they not there. i installed TB10 ESR (german, Mac 10.7.3)
That's because you never customized the SOGo Integrator. The
documentation covers this.
Martin Rabl
2012-02-08 11:51:13 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
That's because you never customized the SOGo Integrator. The
documentation covers this.
(* umpf! *) Ok ok ok ... ;-)
--
Greetings,

Martin Rabl
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 11:53:22 UTC
Found it^^ will customize it now and try again *sorry*

@Martin Rabl: its in the Thunderbird Documentation on sogo.nu ;)
(* umpf! *) Ok ok ok ... ;-)
Martin Rabl
2012-02-08 11:55:54 UTC
Post by Martin Seener
@Martin Rabl: its in the Thunderbird Documentation on sogo.nu ;)
I know ... since I wrote a script for automatic customization I forgot
this ...
;-)
--
Greetings,

Martin Rabl
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 14:02:16 UTC
Hi, added my domain and it works like a charm now :)
next step is to setup the sogo update script :)

i should read the documentation more carefully before^^
;-)
Martin Rabl
2012-02-08 11:50:23 UTC
Post by Martin Seener
i dont have and never had those buttons in my TB (3 and 10 not!)
why are they not there. i installed TB10 ESR (german, Mac 10.7.3)
Installed 10ESR with the plugins and lightning with Windows and Mac -
no Buttons/Icons and grayed out "Userrights" menu entry like Martin
Seener (in 3.1 they were there).
--
Greetings,

Martin Rabl
Thomas Kregelin
2012-02-08 13:09:26 UTC
A lot of traffic on this topic.

Seems to be quite an important issue for people.

I guess nobody has successfully gotten it to run with davical, right?

Best regards,
Thomas Kregelin
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 10:42:17 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Please report any issues you have.
-It asks for my password three times
-The first time I started it wouldn't open calendar entries (sorry, I
deleted the console messages so I don't remember the error message). I
removed and reinstalled the extensions then it opened them no problem
(note that I put the extensions alongside thunderbird, not in the users'
profiles, so "install" means copy the uncompressed xpi under
"extensions" in the directory where I installed thunderbird and "remove"
means simply to delete the folder.
-I had to comment out the body of the function "checkExtensionsUpdate"
(in
otherwise the mail pane would become unresponsive. Note that this is not
new, I had to do it since June 2010, see
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.groupware.sogo.user/147
Eventually I have to comment out everything except a call to
"checkFolder()", otherwise no button to manage remote calendars would show.

However, when I try a fresh profile, those buttons never appear (whether
I use the original startup-overlay.js or my modified one), they only
appear with my preexisting profile.

Bye
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 11:17:33 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
However, when I try a fresh profile, those buttons never appear (whether
I use the original startup-overlay.js or my modified one), they only
appear with my preexisting profile.
Also, with a fresh profile it doesn't fetch the address book from the
server.

Bye
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 11:22:54 UTC
Addressbook in TB10 (tested ESR) runs great.

the address is always something like this

https://your.domain.com/SOGo/dav/user.name/Contacts/<type>

whereas <type> can be "personal"(your own) "public"(LDAP if you have
enabled) and "60xxx..." for any other created calendar

and the whole address should not end with a trailing slash, just like:

https://your.domain.com/SOGo/dav/user.name/Contacts/personal

after youve added it, select another one, reselect the new one and right
click, synchronize. works like a charm here with SSL :)

Regards
Bye
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 11:25:45 UTC
Post by Martin Seener
Regards
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Luca Olivetti
However, when I try a fresh profile, those buttons never appear (whether
I use the original startup-overlay.js or my modified one), they only
appear with my preexisting profile.
Also, with a fresh profile it doesn't fetch the address book from the
server.
Addressbook in TB10 (tested ESR) runs great.
the address is always something like this
https://your.domain.com/SOGo/dav/user.name/Contacts/<type>
whereas <type> can be "personal"(your own) "public"(LDAP if you have
enabled) and "60xxx..." for any other created calendar
https://your.domain.com/SOGo/dav/user.name/Contacts/personal
after youve added it, select another one, reselect the new one and right
click, synchronize. works like a charm here with SSL :)
Oh, yes, the work when they're configured (e.g. with an existing profile
that already has them), but the integrator should find and configure
them by itself (at least it did with thunderbird 3).
Ditto for the calendars.

Bye
Ludovic Marcotte
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 11:50:43 UTC
Can you please tell me where to do or where to find the documentation
for this?
and why does it not work to add calendars the "old" TB way?
Luca Olivetti

Ludovic Marcotte
2012-02-08 11:54:44 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
I already did
Then show it.
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 11:58:04 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
I already did
Then show it.
chrome/content/extensions.rdf:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE RDF>
<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
xmlns:isi="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/"
xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"
xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#">
<Seq about="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/extensions"

isi:updateURL="https://mail.wetron.es/plugins/updates.php?plugin=%ITEM_ID%&amp;version=%ITEM_VERSION%&amp;platform=%PLATFORM%">
<!-- <li>
<Description
em:id="lookout-2+e2OuYn8aGf0DUV/***@public.gmane.org"
em:name="LookOut"/>
</li>
<li>
<Description
em:id="fr-/QH2zCYMwXFZbXh5f7+fh7TQ/***@public.gmane.org"
em:name="Dictionnaire français"/>
</li>
<li>
<Description
em:id="sogo-integrator-tiT8nZ+Z9Bqw5LPnMra/***@public.gmane.org"
em:name="SOGo Integrator"/>
</li>
<li>
<Description
em:id="sogo-connector-tiT8nZ+Z9Bqw5LPnMra/***@public.gmane.org"
em:name="SOGo Connector"/>
</li>
<li>
<Description
em:id="{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}"
em:name="Lightning"/>
</li> -->
</Seq>
</RDF>
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 14:24:38 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
I already did
Then show it.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE RDF>
<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
xmlns:isi="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/"
xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"
xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#">
<Seq about="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/extensions"
isi:updateURL="https://mail.wetron.es/plugins/updates.php?plugin=%ITEM_ID%&amp;version=%ITEM_VERSION%&amp;platform=%PLATFORM%">
FWIW, If I use a fresh profile I just see two "OPTIONS" requests:

127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:17:44 GMT] "OPTIONS
/SOGo/dav/luca/Contacts HTTP/1.1" 200 0/0 0.085 - - 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:17:44 GMT] "OPTIONS
/SOGo/dav/luca/Calendar HTTP/1.1" 200 0/0 0.092 - - 0

If I use an existing profile (buttons shown), this is what I see in the
server log:

127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:04 GMT] "OPTIONS
/SOGo/dav/luca/Contacts HTTP/1.1" 200 0/0 0.109 - - 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:04 GMT] "OPTIONS
/SOGo/dav/luca/Calendar HTTP/1.1" 200 0/0 0.125 - - 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:04 GMT] "PROPFIND
/SOGo/dav/luca/Contacts HTTP/1.1" 207 352/122 0.092 1209 70% 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:05 GMT] "PROPFIND
/SOGo/dav/luca/Contacts HTTP/1.1" 207 702/153 0.087 - - 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:05 GMT] "PROPFIND
/SOGo/dav/luca/Contacts/personal/ HTTP/1.1" 207 421/175 0.096 1032 59% 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:05 GMT] "PROPFIND
/SOGo/dav/luca/Calendar HTTP/1.1" 207 528/179 0.109 2469 78% 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:13 GMT] "REPORT
/SOGo/dav/luca/Calendar/wetron_1DCA-4B5D6600-1-B7352550/ HTTP/1.1" 207
476/160 0.093 - - 0
127.0.0.1 - - [08/Feb/2012:15:19:17 GMT] "REPORT
/SOGo/dav/luca/Calendar/personal/ HTTP/1.1" 207 2124/160 0.107 20768 89% 0

Bye
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 15:04:21 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
I already did
Then show it.
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE RDF>
<RDF xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
xmlns:isi="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/"
xmlns:em="http://www.mozilla.org/2004/em-rdf#"
xmlns:NC="http://home.netscape.com/NC-rdf#">
<Seq about="http://inverse.ca/sogo-integrator/extensions"
isi:updateURL="https://mail.wetron.es/plugins/updates.php?plugin=%ITEM_ID%&amp;version=%ITEM_VERSION%&amp;platform=%PLATFORM%">
OK, I found the cause.
When I create a new profile, I actually create a default prefs.js.
One of the options I push is

user_pref("network.proxy.type", 4);

(which corresponds to "auto detect proxy settings for this network")

and the integrator doesn't work with it (why)?
If I remove the proxy option the integrator correctly finds my calendar
and shows the buttons.
I tried to set the same option in my existing profile an it has the same
problem.
It's not something new:

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists/arc/users/2010-07/msg00295.html

Bye
Patrick Ben Koetter
2012-02-08 11:58:42 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
Oh, yes, the work when they're configured (e.g. with an existing
profile that already has them), but the integrator should find and
configure them by itself (at least it did with thunderbird 3).
Ditto for the calendars.
Customize your SOGo Integrator.
It would be great to have this as a service on the sogo.nu webpage. I am sure
I can talk somebody into writing the script, if you want me to …

***@rick
--
state of mind ()
Digitale Kommunikation

http://www.state-of-mind.de

Franziskanerstraße 15 Telefon +49 89 3090 4664
81669 München Telefax +49 89 3090 4666

Amtsgericht München Partnerschaftsregister PR 563
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Julian Robbins
2012-02-08 13:09:17 UTC
Post by Patrick Ben Koetter
It would be great to have this as a service on the sogo.nu webpage. I am sure
I can talk somebody into writing the script, if you want me to …
Well with my SOGo 1.3.11 setup with latest alpha Connector and
Integrator (customised to suit), the new addons work pretty well, no
major glitches as yet, and possibly fixing the major issue with caching
I reported again earlier ... bit too early to crack open the champaign
yet though ;-)

Still looking promising ..
--
Kind Regards,

Julian
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Donny Brooks
2012-02-08 13:32:17 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
Oh, yes, the work when they're configured (e.g. with an existing
profile that already has them), but the integrator should find and
configure them by itself (at least it did with thunderbird 3).
Ditto for the calendars.
Customize your SOGo Integrator.
Since we are customizing the integrator do we also need to update the
updates.php on the server? I only ask because I do not want to update
all my users to the testing releases. Only a select few here in the IT
office do I want to test this.

Donny B.
Julian Robbins
2012-02-08 13:45:20 UTC
Post by Donny Brooks
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Post by Luca Olivetti
Oh, yes, the work when they're configured (e.g. with an existing
profile that already has them), but the integrator should find and
configure them by itself (at least it did with thunderbird 3).
Ditto for the calendars.
Customize your SOGo Integrator.
Since we are customizing the integrator do we also need to update the
updates.php on the server? I only ask because I do not want to update
all my users to the testing releases. Only a select few here in the IT
office do I want to test this.
I haven't changed my updates.php file, and the new addons work fine so far

Julian
Post by Donny Brooks
Donny B.
--
Kind Regards,

Julian Robbins
Web Marketing and IT Manager

Q-par Angus Ltd, Barons Cross Laboratories, Leominster, Herefordshire, HR6 8RS, United Kingdom

Telephone +44 (0) 1568 612138, Fax +44 (0) 1568 616373, Web www.q-par.com

IDEAS ENGINEERED - SPECIALISTS IN MICROWAVE and RF ENGINEERING

(Registered office)
Incorporated in England No 1826221
Jon O. Skarphedinsson
2012-02-08 15:08:02 UTC
Hi, I am new to SOGo/Lightning/Thunderbird and have problems installing/configuring the inverse extensions.
I have tried to customize the SOGo integrator as instructed in the "SOGo Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration" guide, but after I have edited the extensions.rdf file I am unable to reconstruct the XPI file so it can be installed in Thunderbird. TB always claims that the file is corrupted.
How exactly should this be done? The guide is not very clear on this.

Thanks,

Jon O.
University of Iceland
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild
2012-02-08 15:24:18 UTC
Post by Jon O. Skarphedinsson
Hi, I am new to SOGo/Lightning/Thunderbird and have problems installing/configuring the inverse extensions.
I have tried to customize the SOGo integrator as instructed in the "SOGo Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration" guide, but after I have edited the extensions.rdf file I am unable to reconstruct the XPI file so it can be installed in Thunderbird. TB always claims that the file is corrupted.
How exactly should this be done? The guide is not very clear on this.
The XPI files are just simple zip files with another extension.
So decompress the whole XPI including the directory structure.
Then modify the files and repack them as zip file.

André
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-08 15:24:21 UTC
Nella citazione in data mer 08 feb 2012 16:08:02 CET, Jon O.
Post by Jon O. Skarphedinsson
Hi, I am new to SOGo/Lightning/Thunderbird and have problems installing/configuring the inverse extensions.
I have tried to customize the SOGo integrator as instructed in the "SOGo Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration" guide, but after I have edited the extensions.rdf file I am unable to reconstruct the XPI file so it can be installed in Thunderbird. TB always claims that the file is corrupted.
On windows:
* open xpi with 7-zip
* you modify the file
* 7-zip automatically updates the xpi

On linux: same thing with file roller (on gnome )

On linux by shell:
* unzip sogo-integrator.xpi
* rm sogo-integrator.xpi
* vim chrome/content/extensions.rdf
* zip -qr sogo-integrator-3.106pre1-sogo.xpi .

Jon O. Skarphedinsson
2012-02-08 20:54:39 UTC
Hi there - again.

I now have installed sogo integrator and connector as well as Lightning v1.2.1
(I edited the extensions.rdf file after I installed the virgin integrator file downloaded fro the nightly directory)
But now, with all three extensions installed, I can not see much change in Thunderbird/Lightning apart from the SOGo preference panel (Contact categories). Isn't the purpose of the sogo-extensions to make connection to the SOGo server easier?
I must be doing soething wrong here.

Thanks,
Jon O.

--
Jon O. Skarphedinsson
Department of Physiology

E-mail: joskarp-T7Wdf/***@public.gmane.org
Tel. : +354-525 4836
Fax : +354-525 4886
Mobile: +354-899 0875
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Milos Wimmer
2012-02-08 15:18:48 UTC
Post by Jon O. Skarphedinsson
Hi, I am new to SOGo/Lightning/Thunderbird and have problems installing/configuring the inverse extensions.
I have tried to customize the SOGo integrator as instructed in the "SOGo Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration" guide, but after I have edited the extensions.rdf file I am unable to reconstruct the XPI file so it can be installed in Thunderbird. TB always claims that the file is corrupted.
How exactly should this be done? The guide is not very clear on this.
did you use
zip -r ../sogo-integrator-10.0pre1.xpi *

in the uncompressed sogo-integrator tree?

Milos
Jon O. Skarphedinsson
2012-02-08 20:24:59 UTC
Post by André Schild
The XPI files are just simple zip files with another extension.
So decompress the whole XPI including the directory structure.
Then modify the files and repack them as zip file.
André
this is the first thing I tried, same result (see below)
Post by André Schild
Hi, I am new to SOGo/Lightning/Thunderbird and have problems installing/configuring the inverse extensions.
I have tried to customize the SOGo integrator as instructed in the "SOGo Mozilla Thunderbird Configuration" guide, but after I have edited the extensions.rdf file I am unable to reconstruct the XPI file so it can be installed in Thunderbird. TB always claims that the file is corrupted.
How exactly should this be done? The guide is not very clear on this.
did you use
zip -r ../sogo-integrator-10.0pre1.xpi *
This is exactly what I did...
1) downoaded the extension from "nightly"
2) expanded the file: [unzip sogo_integrator-10pre1.xpi]
3) edited the extensions.rdf using TextMate
4) applied the command above [zip -r /Users/myuser/Downloads/SOGo_ext/org/intgr/sogo-integrator-10.0pre1.xpi]
5) fired up Thunderbird esr (no extensions installed) and tried to install the extension but get the response: "This add-on could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt."

By the way, I am running OS X 10.7.3

Thanks,
Jon O.
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Milos Wimmer
2012-02-08 15:14:04 UTC
Post by Luca Olivetti
-It asks for my password three times
I can confirm this - when I do not wish to save password, I
need to type it so many times, how many resources I use -
for example 3 times in this case:

/SOGo/dav/userA/Calendar/personal/
/SOGo/dav/userA/Calendar/userB_personal/
/SOGo/dav/userA/Contacts
--
Greetings,
Milos
Florian Unger
2012-02-08 16:30:10 UTC
the same happens for me, when I save the password but enable a master password for the
saved passwords.
I have to enter the master password three times when Thunderbird is starting.

Best regards
Florian
/SOGo/dav/userA/Contacts
Martin Seener
2012-02-08 16:39:12 UTC
same here^^
is there a solution!? or even an idea how to fix that....normally i dont
shutdown my macbook therefore my thunderbird, but sometimes i do^^
/SOGo/dav/userA/Contacts
Philip Mildner
2012-02-08 18:07:14 UTC
A workaround is to install the StartupMaster extension [1]. I use it for
my setup and it just works as intended.

[1] https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/startupmaster
/SOGo/dav/userA/Contacts
Martin Seener
/SOGo/dav/userA/Contacts
xbgmsharp
2012-02-08 10:36:37 UTC
Hello,

Thanks for this great news.

The main page for the ESR version and download link at the bottom.
http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/organizations/index.html

A few questions:
- why there is still a lightning-1.0b2.108i* extension in the
repository if we are suppose to use the official Lightning, or is it a
left over?
- weren't sogo-connector and sogo-integrator suppose to merge at some point?
- would the extension support an upgrade from 3.1.18 to 10.0esr?

Thanks
Francois
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
André Schild
2012-02-08 10:41:16 UTC
Post by Advrk Aplmrkt
Hello,
Thanks for this great news.
The main page for the ESR version and download link at the bottom.
http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/organizations/index.html
- why there is still a lightning-1.0b2.108i* extension in the
repository if we are suppose to use the official Lightning, or is it a
left over?
For the users still using TB 3.x
Post by Advrk Aplmrkt
- weren't sogo-connector and sogo-integrator suppose to merge at some point?
_... looks like that point is not come (Does it make sense to merge them ?)

_
Post by Advrk Aplmrkt
- would the extension support an upgrade from 3.1.18 to 10.0esr?
The "problem" is see is the following:

- When you upgrade TB from 3.x to 10.x it disables the old extensions,
so the autoupdate from the extensions wont run....
- For the connector we could perhaps have it upgraded via normal TB
addons upgrade process
- But the integrator is customized, so I don't see how this one would be
able to be upgraded....

André
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Luca Olivetti
2012-02-08 10:51:04 UTC
Post by André Schild
- When you upgrade TB from 3.x to 10.x it disables the old extensions,
so the autoupdate from the extensions wont run....
In my setup I just copy to my users' PCs a directory with thunderbird
installed every time there's a new version.
I put the extensions in the same folder as thunderbird, not in the
profile. Even in this setup old extensions are disabled by default, but
by touching a couple of files you can avoid that in order to ensure a
smooth upgrade:

In defaults/prefs I add a file "local-prefs.js" with this content:

pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0);
pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg");
//see http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2320715

Then I create a file mozilla.cfg (in the same directory where
thunderbird is installed) with this content (the first line must be a
comment):

//
lockPref("extensions.autoDisableScopes", 11);
lockPref("signon.rememberSignons", false);
lockPref("toolkit.telemetry.enabled", false);
lockPref("toolkit.telemetry.prompted", true);

The line that avoid disabling the extensions in the installation
directory is "extensions.autoDisableScopes", the other are unrelated
preferences that I want to enforce.

Bye
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Daniel Erlacher
2012-02-08 10:44:03 UTC
Post by xbgmsharp
The main page for the ESR version and download link at the bottom.
http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/organizations/index.html
do i NEED to use the ESR version if I want to use the SOGo extensions?

(I am using Thunderbird 10 out of a Ubuntu repository)...

Thanks
Dan
Julian Robbins
2012-02-08 10:56:50 UTC
Post by Daniel Erlacher
Post by xbgmsharp
The main page for the ESR version and download link at the bottom.
http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/organizations/index.html
do i NEED to use the ESR version if I want to use the SOGo extensions?
I believe they are functionally the same as Ludovic said earlier.

Julian
Brendan Murtagh
2012-02-08 13:59:44 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Note that you need to use Thunderbird 10 ESR. You also need to install
Lightning v1.2.1 from the official channels.
Can you expand on what you mean by the offical channels for Lightning
v1.2.1? Are you referring to the .xpi's listed
onhttp://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
<http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/>or is there another
location that I'm missing to download the required version? I'm used to
downloading the Mozilla Lightning - Inverse Edition from the Frontends
page on SOGo's site.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan
*

Brendan Murtagh*
Email Administrator / IT Coordinator
*PHONE*: (610) 874-5000 x2232
*FAX*: (610) 874-5030
*WEB*: http://www.powerhrg.com

*Power Home Remodeling Group*

*Awarded Window & Door Magazine's Dealer of the Year
Awarded The Top Workplace for Mid-Sized Companies by Philadelphia Inquirer
Awarded to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies List*

/Visit our other websites and social platforms:/ Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/PowerHRG> | YouTube
<http://www.youtube.com/PowerHRG> | PHRG Reviews
<http://www.phrgreviews.com> | Total Care Installs
<http://www.totalcareinstalls.com>

Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, committed
to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. Confidentiality Notice:
Please be advised that no quotes, agreements, or understandings
involving Power Home Remodeling Group, will be binding unless and until
codified in a written document signed by an officer of the company. The
information transmitted by this email is intended only for the use of
the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any interception, review, retransmission, dissemination, or
other use of, or taking any action upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited by law and
may subject them to criminal or civil liability. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact us immediately at (610)
874-5000 and delete the message from any computer or other storage system.
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-08 14:06:06 UTC
Post by Brendan Murtagh
Can you expand on what you mean by the offical channels for Lightning
v1.2.1?
You can install official version directly into Thunderbird, then you
install connector and integrator (with your customization)

Martin Seener
2012-02-08 14:08:40 UTC
Totally Correct!

just go into your TB10(ESR) into Extras->Add-Ons and search for
"Lightning", you´ll find Lightning 1.2.1 in first place which is the
"official" Lightning stable Release from Mozilla!

Use this and use both pre1 SOGo Plugins (Integrator with URL
Customization) and you should be all fine :)
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Mirko Stoffers
2012-02-08 14:13:17 UTC
Can you expand on what you mean by the offical channels for Lightning v1.2.1?
[...]
I'm used to downloading the Mozilla Lightning -
Inverse Edition from the Frontends page on SOGo's site.
By the official channels Ludovic meant exactly _not_ the Inverse Edition, but the 'official'
Mozilla edition. Some days ago Ludovic said that the necessary patches now made it into that
official version, such that - I guess - there will be no Inverse Edition anymore for TB 10
(or newer).
Julian Robbins
2012-02-09 12:23:52 UTC
Does anyone else get this with latest Thunderbird and new addons ?

Using SOGo 1.3.111, Ubuntu 64 bit Desktop, Thunderbird 10ESR, Lightning
1.2.1 and Sogo Integrator and Connectors alpha addons.

Bug :- If someone invites me to a meeting I get an email with the invite
but although I havent 'touched' that invitation at all, the email says

This message contains an event that has already been processed (with an
Open button)

Pressing open does take you to the event correctly

This used to work correctly with Thunderbird 3.1, lightning 1.0b5/6, and
Sogo Integrator/connector 3.106i

Julian Robbins
2012-02-08 13:59:43 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hello everybody,
We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to
Thunderbird 10 ESR.
You can get the first pre-release of the extensions from
http://inverse.ca/downloads/extensions/nightly/
Note that you need to use Thunderbird 10 ESR. You also need to install
Lightning v1.2.1 from the official channels.
Please report any issues you have.
Out of 6 calendars working fine I get one which brings upan error ie

Error: [calCachedCalendar] replay action failed: null,
uri=http://sogo/SOGo/dav/julianr/Calendar/sales3_C4FFA290-B1F0-0001-3A53-E77E1760C850/,
result=2147500037, op=[xpconnect wrapped calIOperation]

This calendar doesn't show up. No idea what is different to the other
calendars which are working fine. Using SOGo 1.3.11 and Thunderbird 10
and latest alpha1 connector and integrator

Julian
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-08 16:05:00 UTC
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Hello everybody,
We've just completed porting SOGo Connector and Integrator to
Thunderbird 10 ESR.
63 answers only in few hours, great shot this pre-release ;-)
Post by Ludovic Marcotte
Please report any issues you have.
Should i report issues here or into bug tracker?
i have 1.3.9

Meanwhile i report here:

1. I can't add contacts on any address book (created by thunderbird or
existing on sogo)
- i add new contact
- click ok
- contactwindow doesn't close
- i can click 5 times and i create 5 indentic contacts
- i must click on discard
- Nothing happens on sogo, and nothing into the log.
- i close addressbook windows and re-open, nothing

- i must click on syncronize (adding from extra icons) or close and
re-open thunderbird
- after that i see fetching on log and contacts appear on sogo

2. I can't move any contact from address book to another (maybe first
point connected) nothing happens

3. no subscribe button when i'm sharing a resource

Same issues with ESR and no-ESR version of TB10
It' all for now :-)

Stephen Ingram
2012-02-08 18:31:22 UTC
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Alessio Fattorini
<alessio.fattorini-***@public.gmane.org> wrote:

...snip..
Post by Alessio Fattorini
1. I can't add contacts on any address book (created by thunderbird or
existing on sogo)
I can confirm this with fresh profile on 10 and 10 ESR. The errors in
the console are:

no element found
chrome://sogo-connector/content/addressbook/newcard-overlay.xul

Failed to load overlay from
chrome://sogo-connector/content/addressbook/newcard-overlay.xul
chrome://messenger/content/addressbook/abNewCardDialog.xul

...snip...
Post by Alessio Fattorini
3. no subscribe button when i'm sharing a resource
I'm seeing issues with sharing inside the addressbook as well. Sharing
with a user seems to work, however, clicking on "Any Authenticated
User" or "Public Access" yields completely grayed out dialog boxes
with the following errors:

this.console.appendItem is not a function
chrome://global/content/consoleBindings.xul

reference to undefined property this.treeBoxObject.view
chrome://global/content/bindings/tree.xml

reference to undefined property aChannel.url
chrome://inverse-library/content/sogoWebDAV.js

All you can do is close the windows using the window manager.

The calendar sharing dialog boxes work except for the "Public Access"
which yields the same errors.

As far as the multiple login windows, it seems sporadic. I thought
less with ESR, however, I just received three with the last fresh
profile so I'm not sure any longer. More testing....

Steve
Alessio Fattorini
2012-02-09 14:42:11 UTC
I report some tests after 10.pre2
Post by Alessio Fattorini
1. I can't add contacts on any address book (created by thunderbird or
existing on sogo)
fixed
Post by Alessio Fattorini
- i must click on syncronize (adding from extra icons) or close and
re-open thunderbird
2. I can't move any contact from address book to another (maybe first
point connected) nothing happens
fixed.
Post by Alessio Fattorini
3. no subscribe button when i'm sharing a resource
not fixed.

Other tests:
1. What's time-sync for contacts?
* i add a new contact in sogo or i move a contact from address book to
another.
* i can't see it on Thunderbird
* i wait, nothing
* i must click on sync or reboot thunderbird.

2. First time integrator doesn't ask for password.
- i install integrator
- reboot
- Thunderbird ask me to save certificate for 443 port
- nothing, there aren't calendars or address books
- no password rquest
- i must reboot Thunderbird
- i have password request
Maybe firs request is blocked by certificate absence? And it's not repeated?

3. is there any possibility to hide or import and delete Local Default
Calendar?
* after installation i see it and Personal Calendar (by sogo)
* People is wrong, use this and save their events locally :-|