[SOGo] Reverse Proxy with SOGo
Remi Verchere
2012-10-22 16:55:31 UTC
Hello,

I have a working SOGo v2 installation, with an Apache proxy configuration
on the mail server for webmail access.

For security purposes, I need to separate the webmail access and imap/smtp
services.

My Idea is to install a reverse-proxy on a 2nd server, that redirects to
the current apache working webmail.
I try to set-up nginx without success.

So, can I do the following, and if possible do you have working
configurations ?
- User connects to nginx on server A, which proxifies to apache on server
B, which proxifies to SOGo on server B
or
- User connects to nginx on server A, which directly proxifies to SOGo on
server B

Thanks for your support,

Rémi
--
users-***@public.gmane.org
https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Stefan Klatt
2012-10-23 23:48:00 UTC
Hi Remi,

Do it on a easier way:

Install a port forward for imap/smtp to the real server on the sogo server.

Stefan
Post by Remi Verchere
Hello,
I have a working SOGo v2 installation, with an Apache proxy
configuration on the mail server for webmail access.
For security purposes, I need to separate the webmail access and
imap/smtp services.
My Idea is to install a reverse-proxy on a 2nd server, that redirects
to the current apache working webmail.
I try to set-up nginx without success.
So, can I do the following, and if possible do you have working
configurations ?
- User connects to nginx on server A, which proxifies to apache on
server B, which proxifies to SOGo on server B
or
- User connects to nginx on server A, which directly proxifies to SOGo
on server B
Thanks for your support,
Rémi
--
*CaC, Computer and Communication*
Inhaber Stefan Klatt

Tel.: +49-(0)172-6807809
Tel.: +49-(0)69-67808-900
Fax: +49-(0)69-67808-837
Email: stefan.klatt-i9u/***@public.gmane.org
Remi Verchere

https://inverse.ca/sogo/lists
Stefan Klatt
2012-10-24 21:14:03 UTC
Hi Remi,

yes.
The port forward has the advantage you can use the original
configuration on Sogo and on the clients.

Stefan
Post by Remi Verchere
to the current apache working webmail.
I try to set-up nginx without success.
So, can I do the following, and if possible do you have working
configurations ?
- User connects to nginx on server A, which proxifies to apache on
server B, which proxifies to SOGo on server B
or
- User connects to nginx on server A, which directly proxifies
to SOGo
Post by Remi Verchere
on server B
Thanks for your support,
Rémi
--
*CaC, Computer and Communication*
Inhaber Stefan Klatt
End-2-End Senior Network Consultant
Triftstrasse 9
60528 Frankfurt
Germany
USt-IdNr.: DE260461592
Tel.: +49-(0)172-6807809 <tel:%2B49-%280%29172-6807809>
Tel.: +49-(0)69-67808-900 <tel:%2B49-%280%2969-67808-900>
Fax: +49-(0)69-67808-837 <tel:%2B49-%280%2969-67808-837>